Scipher Medicine develops innovative diagnostic tests to determine drug response and targeted therapies using our proprietary personalized medicine platform based on molecular technology. We hold a fundamental belief that patients deserve simple answers to their treatment plans using scientifically-backed data. Our platform allows us to interpret genomic data to gain unique insights into disease biology so patients with even the most complex diseases can achieve optimal health outcomes.
With only about 1 out of 3 rheumatoid arthritis (RA) patients adequately responding to anti-tumor necrosis (anti-TNF) therapies, the world’s largest selling drug class, we developed our flagship test, PrismRA™, to predict response to these drugs, thereby ensuring patients receive more effective therapies from day one. Scipher is transforming the traditional diagnostics business model by working closely with payers to change the way medications will be prescribed, saving both insurers and patients billions wasted in ineffective prescription costs. This is a unique opportunity to join a promising venture at an early stage to tackle some of the biggest problems in healthcare.
We are proud of our passionate, high-performance, mission-driven culture – one based on a set of values that are at the cornerstone of who we are and how we hold ourselves accountable. Founded in 2015, we are based in Waltham, MA and currently expanding across all functions within the organization. We are backed by Khosla Ventures, Northpond Ventures, Alumni Ventures and Tachyon Ventures and are well capitalized to execute our vision of launching a personalized medicine platform that transforms patients’ lives. Check us out at ScipherMedicine.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
The Senior Accounting Manager/Assistant Controller will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Finance Department, including the management of the quarter-end close process, accounts payable, and treasury functions.
The Senior Accounting Manager/Assistant Controller is a highly visible role and will also assist with all finance activities to support the company’s growth, such as budgeting and financial analysis, audit, equity administration, management reporting, and other ad hoc projects as needed.
Where: This position is located in Waltham, MA.
What will I do?
– Manage the day-to-day accounting function consisting of the quarterly closing process general ledger, accounts payable, and accounts receivable
– Manage all day-to-day accounts payable operations
– Manage the company’s corporate credit cards and related reconciliations
– Support the audit press and any required financial reporting
– Assist in the preparation of budgets, forecasts, and financial analyses
– Support compliance across the company, including tax filings, implementation of controls, and governance
– Create and update policies and process documents as needed
– Manage the accounting system and other ancillary systems and process to ensure accurate and efficient reporting
– Special projects and other tasks as assigned
Minimum Education and Qualifications:
– Bachelor’s degree Accounting or Finance required
– 5+ years experience in public accounting and life science, biotech, and/or technology industries strongly preferred
– Previous experience in a high growth or start-up environment is a plus
– Experience with complex US GAAP principles, including stock-based compensation, accounting, consolidations, debt, and foreign currency translation
– Understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) documentation and requirements
– High proficiency in Microsoft Office
– Ability to work within a matrix team environment
– Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
– Ability to laugh at yourself
– 50% travel required
To all recruitment agencies: Scipher Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, or Scipher Medicine employees. Scipher Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Scipher Medicine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Scipher will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
IF INTERESTED IN EXPLORING THIS OPPORTUNITY PLEASE EMAIL YOUR RESUME TO CAREERS@SCIPHERMEDICINE.COM