Scipher Medicine develops innovative diagnostic tests to determine drug response and targeted therapies using its proprietary personalized medicine platform based on molecular technology. Our platform allows us to interpret genomic data to gain unique insights into disease biology so patients with even the most complex diseases can achieve optimal health outcomes.
With only about 1 out of 3 patients adequately responding to anti-tumor necrosis (anti-TNF) therapies, the world’s largest selling drug class, we developed our flagship test, PrismRA™, to predict response to these drugs, thereby ensuring patients receive the most effective therapies from day one. Scipher is transforming the traditional diagnostics business model by working closely with payers to change the way medications will be prescribed, saving both insurers and patients billions wasted in ineffective prescription costs. This is a unique opportunity to join a promising venture at an early stage to tackle some of the biggest problems in healthcare.
We are proud of our passionate, high-performance, mission-driven culture – one based on a set of values that are the cornerstone of who we are and how we hold ourselves accountable. Founded in 2015, we are based in Waltham, MA and currently expanding across all functions within the organization. We are backed by Khosla Ventures, Northpond Ventures, Alumni Ventures and Tachyon Ventures and are well capitalized to execute our vision of launching a personalized medicine platform that transforms patients’ lives. Check us out at www.sciphermedicine.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
The Rheumatology Consultant will be a key member of the Scipher team assisting with patient-centered issues that touch Scipher’s product strategy.
The Rheumatology Consultant will work with the data science team in evaluating and analyzing clinical outcomes data to support the development of PrismRA, through incorporating current scientific and practical clinical knowledge, including unmet medical needs. The Rheumatology Consultant will utilize their understanding of clinical workflows and patient-centered issues to assist Scipher in product strategy.
This position is located in Waltham, MA.
What will I do?
– Evaluate and analyze clinical outcomes data
– Coach and provide clinical and/or therapeutic area expertise in cross-functional teams
– Plan and lead successful advisory boards, congress-related symposia
– Bring patients’ and physicians’ voices to brand efforts to provide medicines meeting their needs on cross-functional teams while considering the needs of customers, including payers
– Understand the product/medicine and the formulation, including how it relates to patients’ needs
– Serve as a reliable, trusted resource of accurate, current medical and scientific knowledge (e.g. disease states, product label and statistics interpretations), including competitive medicines, for internal and external stakeholders and customers
– Focus on patients’ and physicians’ concerns as they apply to the data and disease area
– Commit to excellence by continually learning and expanding expertise
– Conduct on-going assessment of the benefit-risk of the medicine(s), taking into consideration new data as it becomes available
– Understand and effectively communicate current scientific knowledge, including medical needs, to different stakeholders including patients within disease area, customizing the communication for the audience for effectiveness
– Establish how the medicine’s profile fits into the customers’ needs and the commercial strategy
– Understand how the medicine compares to competitors
– Effectively communicate medicine’s profile to various stakeholders, including patients
-Lead working groups in a professional, inclusive manner, encouraging open discussion as related to assigned activities and specific roles wile demonstrating respect
– Partner with external medical and scientific leaders in collaboration with field based medical colleagues
– Team direct leadership and influence skills, matrix leadership skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and influence without authority ability
Minimum Education and Qualifications:
– MD rheumatologist with 8-10 years of experience in clinical practice
– Actively engaged in patient care in the last 2 years
– Certain level of research achievements such as publications, conference presentations, and symposia
– Basic understanding of the precision medicine concept
– Familiar and experienced in network medicine approaches is preferred
– Ability to work within a matrix team environment
– Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
– Comfortable working in a fast-paced collaborative environment
– A can-do positive attitude
– Ability to laugh at yourself
– 25% travel required
To all recruitment agencies: Scipher Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, or Scipher Medicine employees. Scipher Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Scipher Medicine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Scipher will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
IF INTERESTED IN EXPLORING THIS OPPORTUNITY PLEASE EMAIL YOUR RESUME TO CAREERS@SCIPHERMEDICINE.COM