Scipher Medicine develops innovative diagnostic tests to determine drug response and targeted therapies using its proprietary personalized medicine platform based on molecular technology. Our platform allows us to interpret genomic data to gain unique insights into disease biology so patients with even the most complex diseases can achieve optimal health outcomes.
With only about 1 out of 3 patients adequately responding to anti-tumor necrosis (anti-TNF) therapies, the world’s largest selling drug class, we developed our flagship test, PrismRA™, to predict response to these drugs, thereby ensuring patients receive the most effective therapies from day one. Scipher is transforming the traditional diagnostics business model by working closely with payers to change the way medications will be prescribed, saving both insurers and patients billions wasted in ineffective prescription costs. This is a unique opportunity to join a promising venture at an early stage to tackle some of the biggest problems in healthcare.
We are proud of our passionate, high-performance, mission-driven culture – one based on a set of values that are the cornerstone of who we are and how we hold ourselves accountable. Founded in 2015, we are based in Waltham, MA and currently expanding across all functions within the organization. We are backed by Khosla Ventures, Northpond Ventures, Alumni Ventures and Tachyon Ventures, and are well capitalized to execute our vision of launching a personalized medicine platform that transforms patients’ lives. Check us out at www.sciphermedicine.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
The Role: The Regional Director Market Access is responsible for and provides strategic leadership for payer reimbursement to Scipher by working collaboratively with senior management. The person ensures that the company optimizes regional payer coverage and value-based payment by establishing long-range goals, strategies, tactics, tools, people and systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. The position accomplishes this through a respectful, constructive and energetic style, guided by the objectives of Scipher’s mission and governing policies.
Where: US Remote
What will I do?
– Provide day-to-day leadership and management of regional market access and reimbursement that mirrors the adopted mission and core values of Scipher
-Responsible for collaborating with senior and commercial management to drive the company reimbursement strategy to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, cash flow and business goals and objectives
– Provide timely, accurate and complete reports on the reimbursement status of regional payer targets
– Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective regional payer growth strategies and processes
– Participates in the development of the corporation’s plans and programs as a strategic partner
– Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce regulatory policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation
– Establish credibility throughout the organization and with senior management as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges
– Collaborate with the senior management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of reimbursement systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of our organization
– Act as an advisor from the financial perspective on any payer contracts into which Scipher may enter
– Foster a performance oriented, accountable environment within Scipher
– Represent Scipher with payer clients, healthcare policymakers, legislators, physician organizations, patient advocates and other key stakeholders that make or influence reimbursement decisions
Minimum Education and Qualifications:
– Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
– Master’s degree in business or related field is a PLUS
– 5-7 years of strong reimbursement-related industry experience
– Contracts and negotiation experience
– Skilled in organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development, and strategic planning
– Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team.
– Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to corporate mission
– Flexible and able to multitask; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
– Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
– Ability to work within a matrix team environment
– Go-Getter, not afraid to think outside the box, takes initiative
– Ability to laugh at yourself
– 40% Travel
To all recruitment agencies: Scipher Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, or Scipher Medicine employees. Scipher Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Scipher Medicine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Scipher will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
IF INTERESTED IN EXPLORING THIS OPPORTUNITY PLEASE EMAIL YOUR RESUME TO CAREERS@SCIPHERMEDICINE.COM