Scipher Medicine develops innovative diagnostic tests to determine drug response and targeted therapies using its proprietary personalized medicine platform based on molecular technology. Our platform allows us to interpret genomic data to gain unique insights into disease biology so patients with even the most complex diseases can achieve optimal health outcomes.
With only about 1 out of 3 patients adequately responding to anti-tumor necrosis (anti-TNF) therapies, the world’s largest selling drug class, we developed our flagship test, PrismRA™, to predict response to these drugs, thereby ensuring patients receive the most effective therapies from day one. Scipher is transforming the traditional diagnostics business model by working closely with payers to change the way medications will be prescribed, saving both insurers and patients billions wasted in ineffective prescription costs. This is a unique opportunity to join a promising venture at an early stage to tackle some of the biggest problems in healthcare.
We are proud of our passionate, high-performance, mission-driven culture – one based on a set of values that are the cornerstone of who we are and how we hold ourselves accountable. Founded in 2015, we are based in Waltham, MA and currently expanding across all functions within the organization. We are backed by Khosla Ventures, Northpond Ventures, Alumni Ventures and Tachyon Ventures, and are well capitalized to execute our vision of launching a personalized medicine platform that transforms patients’ lives. Check us out at www.sciphermedicine.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
The Role: The Market Development Manager (MDM) represents Scipher Medicine by promoting clinical laboratory services and elevating awareness of Scipher’s Prism brand with targeted healthcare professionals (HCP’s). The MDM will drive HCP’s towards adoption and assure that ordering HCP’s have a seamless experience and are left with a positive professional impression of Scipher Medicine. This includes assisting HCP’s with all logistical issues and the role of the MDM will range from customer introduction to full adoption of PrismRA. Initially, the MDM will engage in educational activities with the goal of familiarizing and promoting this first of its kind molecular signature test for patients with rheumatoid arthritis. This will include additional education on the technologies and statistical methods used in PrismRA’s assay development. Post adoption, the role will add logistical support to ensure any tests submitted are handled efficiently and provide clinical review and support for interpretation of results. The MDM will also be continually educating HCP’s on new data and publications relating to optimal use of Scipher Medicine products.
Where: NC, SC, TX
What will I do?
– Educating rheumatologists and Advanced Practice Providers (APP’s) on the validation and value of the Prism RA molecular signature test and result interpretation
– Providing In-Service training and support to include the entire office staff
– Working with phlebotomy providers to streamline specimen acquisition
– Coordinating local talks & arranging peer to peer programs to groups that want to learn more
– Identifying and nurturing relationships with regional opinion leaders
Minimum Education and Qualifications:
– 10+ years in the health care selling arena of molecular diagnostics
– Track record of success, promoting scientifically complex products to the rheumatology audience
– Demonstrated success with novel products that are first-in-class and a deep interest in truly consultative selling
– An affinity for smaller companies, and an understanding of the risks that attend any VC-backed, pre-IPO start-up venture will be important to us
– Minimum BS/BA degree
– Field based role will entail car travel daily with 25% Overnight / multi-night travel. Must have valid license
To all recruitment agencies: Scipher Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, or Scipher Medicine employees. Scipher Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Scipher Medicine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Scipher will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
IF INTERESTED IN EXPLORING THIS OPPORTUNITY PLEASE EMAIL YOUR RESUME TO CAREERS@SCIPHERMEDICINE.COM