Scipher Medicine develops innovative diagnostic tests to determine drug response and targeted therapies using its proprietary personalized medicine platform based on molecular technology. Our platform allows us to interpret genomic data to gain unique insights into disease biology so patients with even the most complex diseases can achieve optimal health outcomes.
With only about 1 out of 3 patients adequately responding to anti-tumor necrosis (anti-TNF) therapies, the world’s largest selling drug class, we developed our flagship test, PrismRA™, to predict response to these drugs, thereby ensuring patients receive the most effective therapies from day one. Scipher is transforming the traditional diagnostics business model by working closely with payers to change the way medications will be prescribed, saving both insurers and patients billions wasted in ineffective prescription costs. This is a unique opportunity to join a promising venture at an early stage to tackle some of the biggest problems in healthcare.
We are proud of our passionate, high-performance, mission-driven culture – one based on a set of values that are the cornerstone of who we are and how we hold ourselves accountable. Founded in 2015, we are based in Waltham, MA and currently expanding across all functions within the organization. We are backed by Khosla Ventures, Northpond Ventures, Alumni Ventures and Tachyon Ventures, and are well capitalized to execute our vision of launching a personalized medicine platform that transforms patients’ lives. Check us out at www.sciphermedicine.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
The Search and Evaluation role falls within the Business Development function at Scipher, which encompasses our external relationships, performing partnering and in-licensing activities to fully utilize the company’s technology platform for generation and development of diagnostic and therapeutic products.
The Search and Evaluation role will seek partnerships with leading companies in the industry to fully exploit our technology platform for therapeutic purposes by generating high quality partners through his/her network in the industry to effectively communicate the company’s offerings.
What will I do?
– Manage communications, coordinate presentations, and accomplish necessary follow-up requirements to reach a successful partnership
– Interact with and integrate input from the internal science, diagnostics, research and development, commercial and finance teams, as well as build on the existing and leverage a network of connections in the academic, biotechnology and the broader life sciences industry for exploration of potential opportunities to collaborate, in-license or acquire therapeutic opportunities
– Participate in establishing and driving the overall strategies and tactics for identifying, assessing, and partnering assets that are aligned with the company’s growth objectives
– Search for, source and scientifically/technically evaluate external opportunities
– Provide insights, develop and present proposals to the company’s management team
– Provide expert scientific and technical assessment of therapeutic opportunities and promising science and technologies across the company’s research and development priorities
– Produce reports that would include the scientific and commercial viability, as well as an assessment of the competitive landscape and differentiating features of the proposed opportunity
– Present to the company’s leadership team for approval to advance to term sheet stage, full due diligence, and contracting stages
Minimum Education and Qualifications:
– Advanced degree in a related scientific field (e.g. biology, chemistry, pharmacology)
– Advanced business degree or relevant related professional experience (e.g., strategic management consulting) is a plus
– Practical experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry of at least five years in the area of research and development or related function
– Solid foundation of generally accepted BD practices, including term sheet and deal structures customary in the industry, valuation methods, forecasting, negotiation, and project management for BD
– Demonstrated ability in evaluating partnering opportunities and producing high quality assessments of scientific and therapeutic hypotheses, as well as preclinical and clinical data
– Strong existing network and networking skills to reach out to a broad range of sources in the field and industry to keep abreast of emerging opportunities
– Deep scientific knowledge with in the field
– High energy, entrepreneurial environment, and a highly visible role that offers a chance to make significant contributions towards the company’s growth and business development goals
– Strong business acumen and ability to drive well-informed, fact-based decision making
– Ability to work within a matrix team environment
– Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
– Comfortable working in a fast-paced collaborative environment
– A can-do positive attitude
– Ability to laugh at yourself
– 25% travel required
To all recruitment agencies: Scipher Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, or Scipher Medicine employees. Scipher Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Scipher Medicine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Scipher will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
IF INTERESTED IN EXPLORING THIS OPPORTUNITY PLEASE EMAIL YOUR RESUME TO CAREERS@SCIPHERMEDICINE.COM