Scipher Medicine develops innovative diagnostic tests to determine drug response and targeted therapies using its proprietary personalized medicine platform based on molecular technology. Our platform allows us to interpret genomic data to gain unique insights into disease biology so patients with even the most complex diseases can achieve optimal health outcomes.
With only about 1 out of 3 patients adequately responding to anti-tumor necrosis (anti-TNF) therapies, the world’s largest selling drug class, we developed our flagship test, PrismRA™, to predict response to these drugs, thereby ensuring patients receive the most effective therapies from day one. Scipher is transforming the traditional diagnostics business model by working closely with payers to change the way medications will be prescribed, saving both insurers and patients billions wasted in ineffective prescription costs. This is a unique opportunity to join a promising venture at an early stage to tackle some of the biggest problems in healthcare.
We are proud of our passionate, high-performance, mission-driven culture – one based on a set of values that are the cornerstone of who we are and how we hold ourselves accountable. Founded in 2015, we are based in Waltham, MA and currently expanding across all functions within the organization. We are backed by Khosla Ventures, Northpond Ventures, Alumni Ventures and Tachyon Ventures, and are well capitalized to execute our vision of launching a personalized medicine platform that transforms patients’ lives. Check us out at www.sciphermedicine.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
The Role: The Director, Payer Marketing is a strategic, high visibility position responsible for the identification, development and management of the Scipher’s reimbursement and payer value proposition required to optimize market access through accelerated coverage and value-based payment of Scipher products and services. The candidate must be experienced in strategic planning and have flawlessly executed launches of reimbursement and payer marketing programs, strategies, tactics, processes and tools. This role will be responsible for the strategic and business results of all payer marketing program launches.
Where: Waltham, MA
What will I do?
– Lead Scipher efforts developing and managing all reimbursement and payer account marketing strategies, tactics, processes and tools
– Lead the creation of national and local contract pull-through and/or revenue enhancement launch plans including positioning, messaging, marketing material, communication plan, PR, metrics, customer and sales training, sales call points, financial and competitive intelligence
– Lead the development and management of payer-related educational programs
– Drive all reimbursement and payer-related post-launch marketing communications calendar of promotions, including additional messaging and materials, to drive product utilization, adoption and loyalty for all existing and future Scipher products and services
– Lead strategy and content development related to payers and reimbursement for sales meetings, congresses and trade shows
– Coordinate cross-functionally on health economics and publication strategy to enable Scipher to meet or exceed the evidentiary requirements of payers
– Collaborate and assist the payer relations team to negotiate, execute and manage contracts with appropriate cross-regional and national payer accounts , including managed care plans (MCOs), Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs), specialty pharmacy companies, disease management or pathways companies, health system/GPO, self-insured employers or government payers
– Work with payer key opinion leaders (KOLs) to develop and maintain relationships, and gain feedback on product, positioning, commercialization plans and post-launch execution and improvement
– Keep abreast of payer industry, regulatory, scientific, medical, operational and marketing plans, identifying where Scipher can play a role in shaping policies/guidelines and incorporate into marketing approach
– Support Scipher efforts to shape healthcare policy to foster necessary improvements in the reimbursement ecosystem, including but not limited to work with governmental agencies, the AMA, professional societies, technology assessment organizations, diagnostic industry coalitions, employers/plan sponsors and patient advocacy groups
– Responsible for the development and maintenance of positive working relationships with key influencing organizations such as regional and national payer trade associations, Specialty Pharmacy, Professional Society, Disease Management, Employers/Brokers and other higher level strategic relationships
-Work in collaboration with field-based market access and sales teams to aid in training and co-selling in their assigned accounts
Minimum Education and Qualifications:
– Bachelor’s degree in a Scientific or Business discipline, advanced degree or healthcare certification(s) a plus
– 5-10 years related managed care or payer marketing management experience in diagnostic laboratory or healthcare industry driving new product launches and marketing programs is required; preferably in oncology. Successful experience in companion diagnostics and pharma in oncology is a plus
– Well- organized, analytical, creative, and strategic thinker capable of generating creative concepts and evolving them into action plans to support strategic goals and drive results
– Ability to navigate and demonstrate success in a fast paced, dynamic work environment which requires the collaboration of multiple people
– Leadership presence and a “can-do” attitude
– Superior communication skills, verbal and written (PowerPoint presentation and oral presentation skills are required)
– Self-starter requiring limited supervision
– Passion for the life sciences and bringing innovative technologies to market for the benefit of patients
– Innate sense of curiosity and drive to deliver results
– Ability to laugh at yourself
To all recruitment agencies: Scipher Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, or Scipher Medicine employees. Scipher Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Scipher Medicine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Scipher will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
IF INTERESTED IN EXPLORING THIS OPPORTUNITY PLEASE EMAIL YOUR RESUME TO CAREERS@SCIPHERMEDICINE.COM