Scipher Medicine develops innovative diagnostic tests to determine drug response and targeted therapies using our proprietary personalized medicine platform based on molecular technology. We hold a fundamental belief that patients deserve simple answers to their treatment plans using scientifically-backed data. Our platform allows us to interpret genomic data to gain unique insights into disease biology so patients with even the most complex diseases can achieve optimal health outcomes.
With only about 1 out of 3 rheumatoid arthritis (RA) patients adequately responding to anti-tumor necrosis (anti-TNF) therapies, the world’s largest selling drug class, we developed our flagship test, PrismRA™, to predict response to these drugs, thereby ensuring patients receive more effective therapies from day one. Scipher is transforming the traditional diagnostics business model by working closely with payers to change the way medications will be prescribed, saving both insurers and patients billions wasted in ineffective prescription costs. This is a unique opportunity to join a promising venture at an early stage to tackle some of the biggest problems in healthcare.
We are proud of our passionate, high-performance, mission-driven culture – one based on a set of values that are at the cornerstone of who we are and how we hold ourselves accountable. Founded in 2015, we are based in Waltham, MA and currently expanding across all functions within the organization. We are backed by Khosla Ventures, Northpond Ventures, Alumni Ventures and Tachyon Ventures and are well capitalized to execute our vision of launching a personalized medicine platform that transforms patients’ lives. Check us out at ScipherMedicine.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
The Data Scientist will support the technical team to develop and apply state-of-the-art computational and statistical methods to deliver testable hypotheses and biological insights across the organization.
The Data Scientist will collaborate with the other data scientists and bioinformaticians to identify and understand their analyses and information in order to translate these into solutions. Success in this role is measured by the ability to provide strategically relevant, scientifically reliable information that supports Scipher’s goals.
Where: This position is located in Waltham, MA.
What will I do?
– Assist in development of company’s platforms and algorithms in collaboration with the research team
– Participate in components of the PrismRA and PrismUC data analysis projects
– Summarize and communicate results to project teams, provide intellectual input, and contribute to decision making
– Prepare and deliver scientific presentations for both internal and external use
– Maintain knowledge of latest scientific and technology advancements i the field
– Contribute to high quality documents and scientific publications
– Provide regular updates to the technical team
– Partner methodically and in an organized and timely manner to produce high quality data analysis, minimizing errors
Minimum Education and Qualifications:
– PhD in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Biological Sciences, or relevant fields
– 1+ years of experience in bioinformatics, systems biology, and statistics
– Experience working with gene expression data
– Exposed to machine learning and statistical analysis
– Proficiency in coding (R and Python are preferable)
– Familiarity in network medicine approaches is preferred
– Ability to work within a matrix team environment
– Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
– Ability to laugh at yourself
– 50% travel required
To all recruitment agencies: Scipher Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, or Scipher Medicine employees. Scipher Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Scipher Medicine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Scipher will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
IF INTERESTED IN EXPLORING THIS OPPORTUNITY PLEASE EMAIL YOUR RESUME TO CAREERS@SCIPHERMEDICINE.COM